Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Welcome to the Factory






Welcome


You've stumbled upon the blog of an English Student, Minor, and free-lance writer.
Though I dwell in North Carolina, I have visited and lived all over the world.
Every where I go I am inspired to write, by experiences and by the world around me.
I've been assigned to dig deep into the world of any topic that is applicable to language.
I've chosen to dive head first into the subject of pre-packaged writing.
Since the day we begin reading, the way we right and perceive righting is manipulated in a certain fashion.
Someone once asked me if writing was a science, or an art. In response I said
"It's an Artistic Science, or a Scientific Art."
The artistic or creative element of writing has been devalued and tossed out, while the science of writing
(spelling, sentence structure, essay structure, format, etc)
Is emphasized as key importance.
I've made it my mission to uncover a few main points.
When did this start? How has it negatively effected modern writers (pro's and cons)?
Most importantly, how can we change it for the better?
How can we unwrap this tightly wrapped package that writing has become?
This will be my thought factory. Where I inquire, process, and produce.
I hope everyone enjoys following me on my quest of inquisition.





No comments:

Post a Comment